Lead Roles Audition for Twinkle Dance Showcase 2023 is now open! Shortlisted candidates will perform acting scenes that narrate the gripping storyline of the show. Grasp this golden opportunity to gain a unique theatrical experience while showcasing your dance moves!
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW BEFORE TAKING PART
- Eligibility: Showcase 2023 applicants who are aged 6 or above (born in 2016 or earlier).
- If a candidate is shortlisted, he/she must register into the Lead Role Rehearsal Classes and attend all rehearsal classes in order to be qualified to perform. *Please refer to below for details.
- Lead role performers must also be enrolled in the Showcase 2023 for their regular dance class.
- Lead role performers will be assigned to perform in one of the shows only. Show day will be different from their regular class’ performance date.
- Casting will be shortlisted and roles will be assigned by Twinkle Dance.
- Lead role performers are expected to respect and cherish this performance in a serious and professional manner. Performers should be committed, enthusiastic and diligent towards the assigned role. Please ensure you are available to commit before applying for the audition.
VIDEO AUDITION & SUBMISSION DEADLINE
- The audition will take place in the form of video submission.
- Candidates are required to submit a video clip for auditioning purposes.
- Each candidate should demonstrate a full section of the provided script in the audition video.
- Applicants should submit their audition video on or before Friday December 15th 2022, 11:59 PM.
- Hints: we are looking for candidates who are strong at:
- Clear vocal projection
- Body gesture (some dance steps will be incorporated between lines!)
NOTES FOR VIDEO SUBMISSION
- The shooting environment should be well-lit and the sound is clear. You may videotape the audition using phones, cameras or other recording cameras.
- The video must be one-take through, editing is NOT allowed. The video must be filmed with a still angle, and the applicant’s full body must be clearly seen.
- The video must be submitted in any of the following formats (mov, mp4 or wmv).
- Submission Method: Please upload the video to cloud or to online sharing platforms (e.g. Dropbox, Google Drive, WeTransfer, etc.) and enable viewing permission before emailing the link to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before December 15th 2022.
Applicants must submit their audition video by on or before December 15th 2022, 11:59 PM.
Shortlisted applicants will be notified via email within 2 weeks after the video audition submission deadline.
REGISTRATION FOR SHORTLISTED PERFORMERS
Shortlisted lead role performers will be required to register and enroll into the Lead Role Rehearsal Classes in order to perform.
The Registration Fee is $3230, which includes:
- 12 REHEARSAL CLASSES: on Sunday afternoons at Twinkle Dance Studio.
- ON-STAGE REHEARSAL: Lead roles are required to attend an on-stage rehearsal on Friday April 28th, 2023 after school hours.
- COSTUME: A special designed costume by dancewear brand Tutulamb ($980).
- SHOW TICKETS: 2 tickets will be included. Details will be announced.
- COMPLEMENTARY STUDIO PHOTOSHOOT SERVICE: A complimentary professional photo shoot service with costume and dance pose guidance from teachers will be offered to all lead role performers.
*Lead role performers MUST also participate in the Dance Showcase performance with their regular class.
*Lead role performers will be assigned to perform in one of the shows only. Show day will be different from their regular class’s performance date.
Central Sugar Plum Studio
(Professional drama teacher)
Feb 5, 12, 19, 26
March 5, 12, 19, 26
April 2, 16, 23
Sunday 11:30 – 12:30 PM
*Extra rehearsals might be required when closer to the performance date if necessary.
*If your regular class time clashes with the lead role rehearsal class time, an alternative regular class will be offered. Please contact Twinkle Dance studios for more details.
*Please check your availability for the above dates BEFORE auditioning to avoid disappointment. It is essential for lead role performers to attend all rehearsal classes.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Use of recorded video