Audition for Lead Roles
TWINKLE DANCE SHOWCASE 2021: SNOW WHITE
AUDITION FOR LEAD ROLES
We are pleased to announce that the Lead Role Cast in Twinkle Dance Showcase 2021 are now open for audition! The lead roles will perform acting scenes that narrate the storyline of the show. Our Directors and teachers will select the best suitable cast. This is definitely an unique opportunity for our performers to gain a different theatrical experience, aside from dancing!
- The audition will take place in the form of video submission. Applicants are required to submit a video clip for auditioning purposes.
- The applicant should demonstrate a short section of the provided script in the audition video. The audition script will be sent to you on Tuesday 1st December, 2020. The applicant should submit their audition video by Monday 14th December, 2020.
- To help you out, we are looking for students who have strong:
- Clear vocal projection
- Body gesture (we will include some dance steps between lines!)
NOTES FOR VIDEO SUBMISSION
- The shooting environment should be well-lit and the sound is clear. You may videotape the audition using phones, cameras or other recording cameras.
- The video must be one-take through, editing is NOT allowed. The video must be filmed with a still angle, and the applicant’s full body must be clearly seen.
- The video must be submitted in .mov, .mp4 or .wmv format.
- Submission Method: Upload the video to cloud and send it to email@example.com. You may upload video to common platforms, such as Dropbox, Google Drive, etc. Please be reminded to enable viewing permission.
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW BEFORE APPLYING
- The applicant must be age 6 or above (born in 2014 or earlier) to be eligible for the lead roles audition and performance.
- If the applicant is being shortlisted, they must register into the Lead Role Rehearsal Classes and attend no less than 10 classes in order to be eligible to perform. Please refer to “Rehearsal Classes” section for more details.
- The shortlisted lead role performers must also be enrolled in the Annual Showcase with their regular dance class.
- Casting will be selected and assigned by Twinkle Dance.
- Lead role performers are expected to approach this performance in a serious and professional manner. Performers should be committed, enthusiastic, and diligent towards this role. Please ensure you are available to commit before applying for the audition.
Please complete and submit the online registration form below on or before Monday 30th November 2020. No late entries will be accepted.
The audition script will be sent to the applicants on Tuesday 1st December, 2020. The applicants must submit their audition video by Monday 14th December, 2020.
Shortlisted applicants will be notified via email within 2 weeks after the video audition submission deadline.
REGISTRATION FOR SHORTLISTED PERFORMERS
Shortlisted lead role performers will be required to register and enroll into the Lead Role Rehearsal Classes in order to perform. The Registration Fees is $2780, which include:
- 12 REHEARSAL CLASSES – 12 rehearsal classes ($150 each) on Sunday afternoon at Twinkle Dance Studio.
- ON-STAGE REHEARSAL – Lead roles are required to attend an on stage rehearsal.
- COSTUME – A custom-made costume exclusively designed by dancewear brand Tutulamb ($980).
- SHOW TICKETS – 2 tickets of the lead role performance will be reimbursed. Details will be announced.
- COMPLEMENTARY STUDIO PHOTOSHOOT SERVICE – A complimentary professional photoshoot service with the costume and dance pose guidance from teachers will be offered to all lead role performers.
*Lead role performers MUST also join the Annual Showcase performance with their regular class.
*Lead role performers will be assigned to perform in one of the shows only. Show day will be different from their regular class’ performance date.
*Lead Role performers must attend no less than 10 rehearsal classes in order to be qualified to perform.
|Twinkle Dance Central Sugar Plum Studio||Ms Rio||
Jan 17, 24, 31
Feb 7, 21, 28
Mar 7, 14, 21, 28
Apr 11, 18
Sunday 3:15 – 4:15pm
*Extra rehearsals might be required when closer to performance date if necessary.
*If your regular class time clashes with the lead role rehearsal class time, an alternative regular class will be offered. Please contact Twinkle Dance for more details.
*Please check your availability for the above dates BEFORE auditioning to avoid disappointment. It is essential for lead role performers to attend all rehearsal classes.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Use of recorded video